Jason has over 20 years of experience practicing business, construction and surety, and environmental law. He has been engaged in a full range of complex civil practice in both state and federal courts.
On the business side, Jason has knowledge and expertise in the full range of transactional work, including all forms of contracting and business formation, corporate filings, employment, financing and funding, leasing, licensing, partnership, purchase orders, real estate, sales, service, shipping, supply agreements, and warranties. He has advised clients regarding various legal issues including employment issues, environmental concerns, insurance, land use, regulatory compliance (including Buy American, DOE loan grants, government contracting, NEPA, and product certification), PPAs, and permitting. He has provided assistance regarding business modeling, business growth, executive structure, marketing development, product creation, project management, and risk management.
On the litigation side, Jason had been first chair in successfully prosecuting and defending multi-million dollar trials, has presented appellate arguments, and has conducted hundreds of mediations and arbitrations. He has represented employers in DLSE disputes. He has participated in large-scale environmental actions.
On the construction side, Jason has experience in bonding, competitive bidding, drafting complex contractual agreements, EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Contracting) work, public works projects, review and preparation of RFQs, RFPs, RFIs, change orders, and claim disputes, and the range of construction and project management issues. He is also well-versed in energy-retrofit projects.
Jason serves as Vice President of the Golden Gate Electric Vehicle Association and for more than a decade has regularly served as a Judge Pro Tem in San Francisco Superior Court.
Jason holds a J.D. Degree from Hastings College of Law and a B.A. from Occidental College.
Representative matters include:
• Represents cleantech companies including building contractors, electric motorcycle manufacturer, electric vehicle charging service provider, energy audit and retrofitter, LED manufacturer, solar distributor, solar marketer, and solar module and tracker manufacturer.
• Prepare all forms of transactional documents including regarding bonding, business formation, construction, corporate filings, employment, EPC, financing and funding, leasing, licensing, partnership, purchase orders, real estate, sales, service, shipping, supply, and warranties.
• Research and advise regarding various legal issues including employment, environmental, insurance, land use, licensing, regulatory compliance (including Buy American, DOE loan grants, government contracting, NEPA, and product certification), RFPs, and permitting.
• Provide assistance regarding business modeling, business growth, executive structure, marketing development, product creation, project management, and risk management.
• Represented entities in complex multi-party cases, including those concerning public works.
• Lead counsel for administrative hearings, mediations, arbitrations, motion hearings, court trials, jury trials, and appeals, in state and federal courts.
• Performed advice work, risk analysis, motion and brief writing, administrative applications.
• Reviewed and prepared competitive bidding processes and drafted complex contractual agreements; reviewed RFQs, RFPs, RFIs, change orders, and claim disputes.
• Cases involing surety bonds; contract analysis of coverage issues; construction management issues; construction requirements; private construction litigation; and review and analysis of regulatory/legislative requirements.
• Lead counsel for mediations, arbitrations, jury trials, and appeals.
• Extensive involvement in complex large-scale environmental actions.
• Conducted hiring and administration of team of attorneys and paralegals
○ Electric vehicles
○ Energy efficiency
○ Smart grid
○ Hastings Colleges of
○ Occidental College,