- Corporate (General Counsel) & Securities
- Environmental Law, Climate Change & Sustainability
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Regulatory, Policy, & Governmental Affairs
- Lewis & Clark Law School, JD (Environmental and Natural Resources Law)
- Westminster College, BA (Economics, Politic Science)
- Washington, D.C. (Inactive)
Alana Steele has over 20 years experience in the renewable energy industry as both a businessperson and attorney. She has worked for governmental entities, utilities, law firms and renewable energy development companies.
As general counsel, she has provided advice to management on a wide range of legal and business issues (e.g., strategy, governance, compliance and risk management, corporate structure), as well as participating in all manner of contract negotiations (e.g., power purchase agreements, turbine and solar panel purchase agreements, engineering construction agreements, interconnection agreements, maintenance agreements) and energy project financing agreements. She has also led renewable energy project development teams in every aspect of project development, from siting and real estate acquisition and land use permitting through construction and operations.
As outside counsel, she has represented electric generators, including developers and municipalities, before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the California Public Utilities Commission in proceedings involving both natural gas and electric transmission issues, including rate cases, regional transmission organization cases, and open access cases. She won a significant FERC transmission access case, involving an issue of first impression – obtaining transmission access on a privately owned transmission line under the Federal Power Act, AERO Energy, LLC, Docket No. TX06-2-000. In addition, she has represented clients of all sizes in contract negotiations, such as power purchase agreements (both buyers and sellers), employment contracts, and land leasing agreements for energy projects.
- Negotiated power purchase agreement and completed financing for 120 MW wind energy generation project in Tehachapi, CA.
- Negotiated power purchase agreement for an integrated wind/solar generation project in Kingman, AZ.
- Represented numerous clients in closing mergers and acquisitions.