CLP has helped many clients sell, purchase, build, finance and develop biogas facilities, perhaps more than any other law firm. Our clients are involved with biogas digester projects and next-generation biofuels, and feedstocks such as cellulosic ethanol and algae. We have experience at all stages of the bioenergy project life cycle: concept, financing, development, and operations. We also work with investors and developers looking to build capacity by acquiring assets and companies through the consolidation of ethanol, biodiesel and other clean fuels industries.
- Acquisition and sale of biogas projects and assets.
- Feed stock agreements
- Due diligence for biogas facilities and projects
- Corporate counsel to biogas companies
- Investor relations
- Permits and licenses
- Environmental compliance
- Real estate transactions
- FERC regulatory status applications
- Represented Israeli biogas company to acquire 50 MW biogas digesters and other assets in North Carolina.
- Negotiated feed-stock agreements for various biogas developers.
- Represented purchaser of utility-scale biogas project.
- Due diligence on various biogas projects for institutional investors and global banks.
- Representation of a startup biomass company to develop business entity and create strategic partnerships in the industry.