The supply of solar and wind energy on the grid is highly dependent on the time of day and weather conditions. As the world adopts a greater share of its energy from these renewable sources, storage of energy will become increasingly more important. Our cleantech law firm is the perfect match for energy storage and battery companies that are in need of legal guidance and support.
- Finance and construction agreements for energy storage facilities
- Energy storage policy analysis & regulations
- Siting, permitting and land use counsel for energy storage facilities
- Environmental compliance for energy storage facilities
- Agreements for sale of peak energy from energy storage facilities
- Interface with FERC on energy storage related issues
- Submitted various applications with FERC, including for Exempt Wholesale Generators (EWG) for Swiss Green Electricity Management Group SA for a 20MW battery storage project.
- Representing utilities seeking to incorporate energy storage into their asset portfolios.
- Counseled third party energy storage providers seeking to serve utilities as customers.
- Counseled commercial and industrial corporations to maximize value from their own energy storage facilities.
- Provided analysis for clients on FERC rules related to energy storage.