CLP’s lawyers harness the firm’s expertise in finance, M&A and restructuring, energy regulation, environmental compliance, litigation and tax to provide comprehensive legal counsel to our geothermal energy clients. Global companies and startups alike benefit from the firm’s ability to assemble a multidisciplinary team of lawyers with a focus on geothermal energy projects. One of our lawyers served as general counsel to a publicly traded geothermal company. From concept to commercialization, our team helps our geothermal clients navigate the complex world of public lands law, tribal law, environmental law, wildlife law to get their geothermal projects built successfully.
As we continues to understand the vast potential for producing energy from underground thermal resources in the United States and globally, more renewable energy developers are beginning to explore building geothermal power facilities. CLP is here to share our collective experience in the industry from a legal and business perspective.
- Geothermal energy project devlopment agreements
- Permitting geothermal projects on public lands
- Leasing & acquisition of land for geothermal projects
- Geothermal projects on tribal lands
- Financing of geothermal projects
- Corporate counsel for geothermal technology companies
- Interconnection agreements
- FERC regulatory applications
- Administrative hearings
- Represented publicly traded geothermal development company in the acquisition of a competitor
- Represented geothermal company in investment for by international private equity investors
- Representation of a developer in connection with the financing, operation and expansion of a geothermal project
- Representation of a leading geothermal developer in connection with the development of a series of new geothermal projects in Nevada
- Representation of geothermal project developer in the sale of power from geothermal projects in Nevada