Cleantech Law Partners lawyers is a leading global wind energy law firm. Several of our attorneys have worked in previous positions as general counsel to world’s largest and most successful wind companies. They bring that experience and commitment to the industry to our firm and the clients we represent every day.
As a leading advisor to clients in the wind energy industry, Cleantech Law Partners is recognized for our extensive legal capabilities, and our deep understanding of the sector. CLP attorneys include the former president and current board member of the American Wind Energy Association, the former CEO of one of the world’s largest wind energy developers and turbine manufacturers, and the former head of the project finance group of one of the world’s leading investment banks and one of the leading tax practitioners in the renewable energy area.
In this highly regulated, rapidly changing industry, Akin Gump is a true partner to our clients. To provide clients with comprehensive counsel, our project attorneys are able to draw upon the firm’s industry-leading practices in the areas of energy, private equity funds, mergers and acquisitions, tax, and policy and regulation. We regularly represent the foremost project sponsors and developers, commercial and investment banks and other financial institutions, private equity funds, investors, manufacturers, technology companies, contractors, tribal governments, sovereign nations and other participants in the sector.
- Wind energy related agreements
- Permitting wind farms
- Leasing & acquisition of land for wind projects
- Community based wind projects
- Off-shore wind development
- Airborne wind energy and technology
- FERC regulatory applications
- Administrative hearings
- Financing wind energy projects
- Wind energy technology startups
- Representation of investor as the equity provider in the financing of a utility-scale wind project
- Representation of community wind project developers
- Representation of landowners in leases of land for utility-scale wind project
- Business counsel to wind turbine company
- Representation of investor as tax equity provider for wind project
- Representation of client in acquisition of operating wind and other renewable energy projects